Thursday, August 11, 2011

Calling All Craftspeeps and Musicians!!

 Harvest Festival! October 22nd

Calling all Craftspeople and Musicians! This year's Harvest Festival is slated for October 22nd. I would really like to see community artisans and musicians there. We will have two or three bands playing the main stage at different times of the day but it would be great to have musicians throughout the festival grounds. Guitars,
banjos, mandolins, etc. Solo or in groups. Possible song circles if they are up for it. I would also like to have a drumming circle out in the “back 40” (if weather permits).  I will be hitting the circus group up too, to see if they want to perform. I also think it would
be cool to have craftspeople at tables selling their wares. The rules of the institution say I have to charge a vending fee but I get to set the fee so it will be low for community artisans and super low for students. 
We need to know in advance so we can set up areas and tables so if you know of any musicians or crafty people who would like to hang out at The Evergreen Organic Farm Saturday, October 22nd, please have them contact me. I am starting the sign up sheet now.
(Matthew: elsmat13@evergreen.edu).


Warning for newcomers to the PNW: There is a better chance of rain than not. 
We will have covered areas and awnings but it could be a wet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment